Saturday, November 10, 2012

Warm, fuzzy, fluffy, sparkly snow. :)

I don't know if I'll ever understand why suicide rates skyrocket this time of the year.

Okay, yes, days are shorter and darker, and if we really wanted to live in 10 degree weather we'd all move to Canada.

But really!  This time of year is all about curling up in front of a warm fire, wrapped in a blanket with a mug of cocoa and a slice of pumpkin pie. 

This time of year is all about cinnamon and cloves.

It's about either building snowmen, or, if playing in the cold isn't really your style, it's about reading Calvin and Hobbes snowmen cartoons.

Now, I'm living in student housing still, and I don't have a fireplace.  So, I'm improvising.  I'm curled up on the spot of the couch that my laptop warmed up for me, wrapped in a blanket, drinking vanilla-caramel cocoa, with my feet on a heating pad.

[tangent]A heating pad was the best small household item I ever bought!  I am a firm believer that no female should ever be without one.[/tangent]

Warm.

Fuzzy.

Fluffy.

Sparkly.

SNOW!!!!!!

And what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?  Besides cocoa, cinnamon, heating pads, fireplaces, and snow?

Well, I'm thankful that I'm healthy again.  Still coughing, but I have all the energy I need to do whatever I want, and my voice is back enough to belt out a song or two in the car before it starts getting scratchy again.

I'm thankful the heater in my car works really well, and I had a wonderfully comfortable drive out into the country to see the snowy world.

I'm thankful for all the people who have pitched in, or offered to pitch in, helping me with my wedding prep.  I really feel like I'm on top of it, and I'll be able to get it all done in time.

I'm thankful I'm having a wedding to be prepping for. ^_^

And I think that will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment