Thursday, November 8, 2012

My new toy

A while ago, I was showing off TM Publishing's up and coming online magazine to a friend.  He returned the favor and showed me a project he was working on, BYU Hitlist.  It's this little website where you just click a button.  Every time you click a grain of rice gets donated to some starving children's fund.

Sounds great, right?

But it gets better!  Every few thousand hits, somebody wins a prize.  All you have to do is sit their, numbly clicking the button and hope you're one of the lucky ones.

I mean, you have to prove you're a human being, of course, and occasionally answer market research questions, but really!  It's a great toy.  And we are now about 7,000 clicks away from the next prize giveaway. 

I think I could waste my entire workday on this stupid site.

No comments:

Post a Comment