Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I have figured out the mystery of finals week snow.

I have lived here 8 winters.

In each of those 8 winters, there has been a snowstorm during finals week.

It baffles me, because just when we think winter is finally over after 6 freaking months of it, we get another wave of snow.

This year, I thought there would be a reprieve. This has been the single mildest winter I have ever seen in Utah, to the point that I never had to park my car facing the wrong direction to escape the piles of snow. We had only a few cold weeks, and by mid-February, it felt like Spring.

It is now April 15. Not only tax day, but the first reading day in finals week.

Annnnnnddd... it's snowing.

I think I've figured it out, though. These are all BYU students, heavily religious and very reliant on prayer.

And they're all praying for help getting their final assignments done, the last semester's worth of knowledge studied, and basically just praying to survive finals.

And so God, in His goodness says, "Okay. Here's snow. You're very sick of it, so stay inside where it's warm and dry, and study."

That's about all I can think of. There's no way tax season can be responsible for the snow.


1 comment:

  1. Eight winters?!? How is that possible? Wow, well, you've beat my experience out by a long shot. I only spent 5 winters there... 6 summers, but only 5 winters

    ReplyDelete