Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 2012 - Day 1 - Zombies

On the first day of the apocalypse
My true love said to me
It seems I've become a zombie.

What: 

Zombies.

Where: 

They're everywhere.

Don't call me cliché.  I know.  What's the first thing people think of when they hear "apocalypse?"  Either the Bible, or zombies.

Well, that's why the zombies would attack first, so the apocalypse can get it out of the way and save the good stuff for later.

How:  

A crowd of people spends too much time listening to Adelle and gets so depressed they fall into a never-ending sleep... which then ends. And they are angry at all the lovers of the world and go eat their faces off.

But, really, viruses seem to be the most common idea for how to bring people back from the dead.  I mean, it's plausible... minus the part where they're actually dead.  They could just be really, really, incurably sick, with a mutated supervirus that causes their skin to melt from their faces and their brain capacity to be operating on "shamble-only" mode. 

How to Survive:

Find a teenage guy and hide behind him.

Honestly, with an apocalypse involving zombies, we'll fare better than any other possible disaster.

Why?

Well, the emergency response teams will be more or less helpless, but there exists a population of young men (and even some young women) who have been preparing for this event for the better part of the last decade, and possibly their whole lives.  Zombie survival plans are everywhere, and everyone who has one, has one they made themselves for their own circumstances.  I'm marrying into a pretty good one, so I think I'll make it through.

Imagine how euphoric they are!  News hits: deadly virus causes a random Adelle fan to eat someone's brain, and it's out with the X-box controllers and in with the axes!  A whole army of teenagers and young men rise up, axes at the ready, and become a new generation of heroes.

Zombies?  Psh.  Please.

The apocalypse can do better than that.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I'm touched that you think my zombie plan is good. Stick with me. I'll keep you alive through the apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete