Sunday, April 23, 2023

Why am I Blogging Today?

 I have this goal to write more.

Except it's not a goal, because I'm not very good at goals. When I do a goal, I set the mark WAY too ambitiously, fail to achieve it, and feel like it's yet another piece of evidence that I'm defunct. You know, healthy thoughts like that.

So, this is a loose objective... maybe not even that. It's an understanding. 

Yeah. That's low-pressure enough.

I have an understanding that writing more will be a positive thing, and I'd like to do that. 

Blogs, journal entries, fiction... doesn't really matter. Just writing. I'm trying to get that part of my brain up and running again. It's been a LONG time.

You know... it's funny, though. It's only been 7 years. I finished the rough draft of my "Jade" novel a little after the twins were born, and I even tried to write a new one right around their first birthday. That was where I realized my creative-brain had rocked over into a stone-age wheel that kept turning... in one direction... when grunting humans without sophisticated language yelled for it to turn and shoved it around.

The youngest of those barbarians is about to start kindergarten in a few months, and the oldest two have started asking really interesting questions. I see a little light on the horizon for creative thought. Maybe I'll be able to edit "Jade" into a form I'm not embarrassed to submit for publication. Maybe I can write more than a scene or two of "Sirens in a Modern Economy"... or whatever that story ends up turning into. I only have one and a half scenes written, and a couple notes in my notebook. I have no clue where it'll go.

Or maybe I'll just write kid's books, because they're significantly less ambitious, and I own my very own hype-team for that genre. 

Either way, my brain likes writing. I should do it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment