Saturday, November 2, 2013

November 2nd

Today, I am grateful for my thermostat. Particularly, I am grateful for control over the thermostat, and a husband who likes things as balmy as I do.

So, two weeks ago, I hopped on a plane and flew home to visit my mommy, and help her with her post-shattered-ankle surgery. Upon arrival, it became apparent to me that whoever had been negotiating with her for a house that was 71 degrees had lost. The thermostat was set to 67.

As the guest, I didn't really feel comfortable messing with the thermostat (although, I did bump it up to 69 one day), so mostly I just wore my jacket a lot.

By the time the trip was over, I was more than sad to leave my family, but thrilled at the prospect of a house that was 75 degrees.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I am now baking comfortably in a 75 degree house... and my husband likes it!

[please picture me in a dark cloak, holding up a staff that shoots lightening, standing on top of a lamp post in your average suburban neighborhood.]

I AM MASTER OF THE THERMOSTAT! I RULE THE TEMPERATURE OF MY DOMAIN!!!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment