Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 16th

Today I'm immensely thankful that the second Thor movie was not half as stuffy as the first one.

Seriously.

So, last night Carl and I watched Thor in preparation for seeing the sequel today. I didn't remember it being so... clenched-butt-cheeks. I remembered thinking Thor's character was hysterical, but when I watched the movie, he was just... taking himself way too seriously.

That said, I did get a solid laugh over the fact that Thor and Odin's most effective way of communication was to roar at each other.

Still, I wondered why I had liked Thor (the character) so much. And then I realized it was The Avengers. Seeing Thor contrasted with Tony Stark, who doesn't take anything seriously, and having his over-stuffy character used to add humor to the movie, made him awesome.

And I think the script writers figured that out for Thor II.

First of all, they kept the contrast between the stuffy Asgardian culture and the informal American culture, and used it to their own advantage.

Second, the movie didn't take itself too seriously. The fact that I spent the epic fight at the end laughing my head off is proof of that.

So, yes. This movie was leaps and bounds better than its predecessor. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment