Friday, February 17, 2012

This battle takes a downturn

My body is striking back.  I got it on a schedule, and got a few good nights of sleep, and it's still super annoyed with me, apparently.

Last night, I shot up in bed in a panic.  I looked at the clock.  My brain immediately saw what time it was and went, "OH MY GOSH IT'S 1:00 AM!!!  MY SHIFT IS STARTING RIGHT NOW!!!  I'M LATE FOR WORK!!!  I'M GONNA GET A TARDY AND MESS UP MY NUMBERS!!!"

So I jumped up, uttered some whispered expletive that was probably something along the lines of "holy robo-jump rope on a potato platter, batman" and went running for the bathroom.

I got into the hallway.

I stopped.

"What time is it?"

I walked out into the front room where my roommate was reading a book and looked at the clock.  I couldn't actually comprehend what the numbers were, but I could read that they were trying desperately to tell me that it was not time for work.

"Do I have to go to work now?" I asked (at least, I think I asked.  I might have come out, "Mfmmwr go mr work?"

My roommate understood the question, I assume, because I'm pretty sure she answered it.  I don't remember if she said, "Yeah" or "No," though.  Maybe I asked something else.  Hmmm...

Anyway, I cursed my stupid body and crawled back into bed, where I slept soundly.

Then I awoke with a flash of inspiration!!!  You know those moments of epiphany when you're sleeping?  You finally understand something you never knew before, and your whole world has shifted around you?  Yes, I had that moment.

I was only awake for a second, but in that second, I knew something.  One thing, one tiny piece of pure, life changing truth.

I laid there, and said to myself, "Yes.  Yes, that's just what I need to do.  In the morning, I am going to buy a hat rack.  That is just what my roommates all need."

This war with my body has gotten intense.  I definitely need some weapons and ammo upgrades.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere! I've missed you. Also, your war adventures are amusing.

    And not to be sadistic or anything, but I sort of hope your insomnia will be on my side when you, me, and Merlin get together. ;)

    ReplyDelete