Saturday, September 25, 2010

Has anyone noticed how weird the word "blog" looks about the 5th or 6th time you write it?

So, all my friends have blogs.  Lynnae has a blog.  Michelle has a blog.  Brett has a blog.  I'm pretty sure Stephanie has a blog.  Monique had a mission blog.  The word blog looks kinda like a cross between blob and bog, and makes me think of frogs.

Last night, as I was going to bed, I decided I needed a blog.  Granted, shortly after that I decided I needed a book called The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle that was written in the 10th century and has absolutely no practical application in the real world beyond geeking out over history, so I probably don't actually need a blog.  But, I felt left out, so nyah.  Now I'm a member of the "I'm cool because I have a blog" club too!

Before I begin shamelessly bearing my heart and soul to my one reader, I'd like to include a disclaimer.

*Ahem*

I take absolutely no responsibility for the contents of this blog.  Yes, I know I wrote it.  That doesn't mean I need to be responsible about what I'm writing.

What does this mean?

It means that if somebody happens to stumble across it and believes that the contents are referring to them, finds those contents to be offensive, and thereby takes offense about what they perceive me to have said about them... then... well... heh.  You're probably right. 

Do I care?

Well, yes.  I do.  But, for the sake of appearing consistent, I'm going to throw my hands in the air and say, "Nope!"  That's a total lie, of course, but it sounds cool.

See?  I'm off to a great, responsible start already!

No comments:

Post a Comment