Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24th

Today I'm thankful I teach the 4 year olds at church.

I know I complain about the lessons a lot - and I haven't found much about trying to grill a boring lesson into 4 year old minds to be thankful for, but I really love working with those kids.

Today was super chill. We talked about Thanksgiving and I drew on the chalkboard, and then we made "Thankful" books. After that we played with toys and stapled paper in random places just for the fun of it. This is the kind of day I love, where we're just playing and enjoying it. The kids are adorable, and are always begging, "Can we go to class now???" It makes me feel like a success, even if they don't retain squat of the lessons. We're having fun, and enjoying church. If I can make the kids excited to come to church, then I feel like I've done the job I'm supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment