Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What??? I have... FRIENDS???

I haven't been on blogger in ... well... apparently 3 weeks, judging by the fact that that's how far back I had to go before I found a post from one of my friends that I'd already read.

So, sorry ya'll.  I'll read your fabulous writing in a bit.  Before I do, I just wanted to note that not reading anybody's blogs for a long time makes one realize how many friends one has!  I mean, I literally pulled up 5 blogs and realized I had close, personal relationships with all of them!  Well... okay, all but one.  I actually have no idea whose blog that last one is.  I pulled it up to read so I could find out who the heck I subscribed to.  And there were others, but I didn't pull all of the recent blog entries up.

Anyway, just flipping through the blogs I haven't read yet, there are four of my wonderful friends, all with incredibly unique personalities and hilarious quirks and deep history. 

I mean seriously.  In just those four, there is a place I can always go for comfort and love, someone I just plain love to love, a glob of personality hidden behind a quiet demeanor who is always a breath of wonderfully fresh air, and the most hilariously loveable what-the-crap I have ever encountered. 

And that's not even all of my closest friends!  One of them hasn't blogged in at least as long as I have, and at least two more of them DON'T blog at all!

These are all people I have deep relationships with, people I can't think about without a smile creeping up on my lips.  I've always known I have extremely close friends, but sometimes it just feels like I only have one or two of them... maybe three if I'm lucky.  Seeing so many of them clustered together and being able to think of three... no wait... four more that don't have blogs kind of hit me in the heart with a fluffy wrecking ball... that has disco sparkles all over it... and is dangling from strings of confetti attached to a yellow and black, Caterpillar wrecking-ball tractor thing, like the kind I used to see when I was about five and they were developing our neighborhood and I discovered a Caterpillar was not only a baby butterfly, but a type of tractor.  And yes that was a really long sentence.

Anyway, to all my dearly loved friends, those who blog and those who do not, thanks for being a part of my life.  Thanks for loving me, and for listening to me, and for having wonderfully good character traits, and for tolerating my flaws, and having your own flaws, and being packed with personality, and having experiences with me, and telling me about your lives, and finding out a few-to-a-lot of things about mine, and most of all, at the end of the day, thank you for being people I can't think about without at least a little piece of a smile.


:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment